IF YOU HAVE NEVER WORN A WIG BEFORE, IT CAN BE CHALLENGING TO KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO START.
Wigs are more than just a great addition to your beauty routine: they can boost your sense of self-esteem, help you follow the dictates of your faith, or make you feel more comfortable as you undergo cancer treatments. While the potential uses of wigs are very wide, you will find that there are some common steps you can take to make sure you buy the best wig for your lifestyle and needs.
- Start with style! At the beginning, you may want to stick close to the style you’ve been wearing and are comfortable with. You can always become more adventurous down the line once you realize that now you have endless style flexibility! Many of our clients ultimately have a lot of fun experimenting with a variety of looks, especially once they identify the styles that flatter the shape of their face.
- Check to see what size cap you will need. While average size wigs tend to fit about 95% of customers, you will find that some wigs also come in petite and large sizes. Consider that many also have adjustable straps that give up to 1/2″ so that you can achieve a comfortable and secure fit. Different cap constructions have a specific method of attaching hair to the cap, each with its own set of advantages.
- To determine the right size wig for you, measure the circumference of your head from the front hairline, behind your ear, to the nape of your neck, to your other ear and then back to the front hairline. Jot down your measurement and then consult the table provided. Please note that sizes may vary and that not all wigs are available in all cap sizes. Make sure you consider your facial type as well. Visit here to understand more about size and facial types!
- Now you’re ready to choose your hair type. While you may have preconceived notions about human hair vs. synthetic hair, the truth is they both have advantages and limitations which make them the right choice in different situations. See below for some highlighted differences between the two.
- Lastly, it is all about color. As most styles offer a range of color choices, this is a good final step. As you zero in on styles you like, you can begin to review the colors available. If you’re new to wearing wigs, consider staying close to your natural shade to ease the transition (you can always have fun experimenting with colour later). We aim to make shopping for the right color online just as easy as in a store (or easier)! There are many choices that will allow you to achieve exactly the effect you are after. Please keep in mind that colours do not appear consistent on various computer screens, so a follow-up phone conversation with a customer service consultant may assist in ensuring the best colour match.
Whether someone wants to try a new look or has thinning hair, alopecia or some other purpose, buying a wig can be quite difficult to navigate because of the amount of different types on the market. Some wigs create an amazingly natural look, others may be just for fun, or maybe for a medical reason. This guide will help walk you through some of the key elements involved in choosing a wig that will give you the most natural look possible for your situation. There are many considerations when buying a wig. Wig type, size, construction, cut and facial shape all have an impact on the style of wig that will best suit you.